This satisfying salad is good hot or cold. It can also be easily made into a main dish by adding cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu. With it's slightly sweet flavor and fun mix of ingredients, the whole family will like it.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked bucatini pasta or thick spaghetti
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Break bucatini into thirds; cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, vinegar, orange
- juice concentrate, soy sauce and sesame oil. Drain pasta. Add to
- hoisin sauce mixture; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the snow peas, carrot and onion in canola
- oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add to pasta mixture;
- toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.