Wok Your Pork
Stir-frying is such an easy way to cook and it is so delicious too. The ginger in this meal compliments the pork well and the sweetness makes it disappear fast.Marilyn Platner, Marion, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice or chow mein noodles
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the pork, ginger and garlic powder in
- oil until meat is no longer pink. Add the vegetable blend, pea pods
- and tomato; cook until vegetables are heated through.
- Combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to wok.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is
- thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.