- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down; let stand for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly
- floured surface. Divide into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a
- 10-in. rope. Cut in half. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush egg white over breadsticks; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place an almond slice at the tip of each. Bake at 375° for 8-10
- minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
- Yield: 32 breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 breadstick equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.