- tomatoes, wine, jelly, bay leaves, oregano and beef; bring to a
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours. Stir in beans; cover and bake 30-40
- minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves
- and oregano.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to
- 3 months.
- To use frozen stew: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a
- saucepan; add water to thin if necessary. Cover and cook over medium
- heat until hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings
- (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 310 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.