Winter Squash Souffle
My large family gets together quite often. To make it easy on the host, everyone brings a dish to pass, and we often swap recipes. I've shared this one many times. Colleen Birchill, Spokane, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, butter, cream, salt,
- pepper and thyme. Beat egg yolks; add to squash mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into
- squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is
- puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 114 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.