Winter Squash, Sausage & Feta Bake
This time of year, I can't resist butternut squash, with its bright color and fall flavor. It helps make this casserole a guaranteed hit at potlucks. — Craig Simpson, Savannah, Georgia
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 small sweet red peppers, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onions and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- flakes over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no
- longer pink and onions are tender, breaking up sausage into
- crumbles; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, rosemary, salt, Worcestershire
- sauce, pepper and remaining pepper flakes. Add butternut and acorn
- squash, cheese, red peppers and sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at