Winter Herb Tea Mix
This caffeine-free option is a sweet-spicy blend of mint, sage, rosemary, thyme and honey that melts away winter blahs. —Sue Gronholz (Field Editor), Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a small airtight container, combine the herbs. Store in a cool dry
- place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare tea: Place 1-1/2 teaspoons tea mix in a glass measuring
- cup. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until
- aromas are released. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 10
- minutes. Strain tea into a mug, discarding herbs. Stir in honey;
- serve with lemon. Yield: 18 servings (9 tablespoons tea mix).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup hot tea equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.