Winter Fruit Bowl
This fruit salad goes well with any meat dish. The blend of grapefruit and cranberries gives it a tangy flavor and a pretty holiday look.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 4 medium grapefruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Peel and section grapefruit, removing membrane and reserving 1/4 cup
- juice. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, marmalade and reserved
- grapefruit juice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir
- until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium;
- simmer 8-10 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in grapefruit. Chill for at least 1 hour. Stir in
- bananas just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.