Winning Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Contest winner Velma Brown of Turner Station, Kentucky notes: “While coffee ice cream is great, I sometimes vary the flavor of this family favorite. It’s one dreamy summertime treat that’s always high on requests for dessert.”
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir in
- milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Remove
- from the heat; cool completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust. Stir sauce; spread over ice cream. Top
- with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 434 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a