Winner's Trophy Dessert
Lemon and orange gelatin make these tangy trophies simple, but vanilla ice cream and mandarin oranges are what really get the crowd cheering.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Whisk in
- ice cream until blended. Pour into 4-oz. stemmed glasses. Chill for
- 2 hours or until set.
- Dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in cold
- water and oranges. Chill for 2 hours or until partially set. Pour
- over the lemon layer. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8-10
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt may not be used in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.