- In a large bowl, beat oil with remaining sugar and eggs until well
- blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking
- soda; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended. Stir in the
- apples, carrots and pecans.
- Transfer half of the apple batter to a greased and floured 10-in.
- fluted tube pan; layer with cream cheese mixture and remaining apple
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and milk to a
- boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; whisk in
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 614 calories, 36 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.