- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables
- are tender. Add beef and rice.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into the
- soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in the butter and seasonings.
- Combine the baking mix, cheese and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto
- simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while
- simmering). Yield: 14 servings (about 5 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 317 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.