Wild Rice Waldorf
I used to live in Minnesota, where a lot of wild rice is grown. The addition of wild rice to this salad gives it a robust flavor.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining
- juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon
- juice and reserved pineapple juice. In a large bowl, combine the
- rice, apples, celery and pineapple. Add the dressing and toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl
- if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 192 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium,