Wild Rice Turkey Dish
My aunt, Dorothy Riethman, bought this casserole to my house when I returned to work after maternity leave. It was a delicious and appreciated gift.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in the turkey,
- soup, water chestnuts, water, onion and soy sauce. Transfer to a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30
- Uncover. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake
- 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for
- 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 322 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,337 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.