Wild Rice Stuffing
Since trying this stuffing recipe from my sister, I haven't made any other kind. It's so moist and tasty. When a big bowlful starts circulating around the table, happy holiday smiles get even bigger!
-Connie Olson, Green River, Wyoming
8-10 ServingsPrep: 2-1/4 hours Bake: 25 min.
- Turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Remove liver from giblets if desired. Place giblets and water in a
- saucepan. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. In a
- small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to the rice.
- Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.