Wild Rice Shrimp Saute
The seafood is so good here in Florida, and shrimp is at the top of our list of favorites. Shrimp and wild rice make a delicious combination, and this dish is special enough to serve to company.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon
- juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat. Add rice with seasoning packet; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is
- tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, cook the shrimp, green pepper
- and onions over medium heat in remaining butter. Cook and stir for
- 7-9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add rice; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 333 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium,