Wild Rice Pilaf Mix
We exchange homemade gifts in our familyI give this tasty mix to relatives and friends. It goes well with a variety of entrees and it's a handy side dish to serve when guests drop in.
54 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 3 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Store in an
- airtight container. To make two servings, combine 1/3 cup mix and 1
- cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 50 minutes or until rice and barley are tender.
- Yield: 9 cups mix.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.