Wild Rice Pilaf Bake
I make this recipe for almost every holiday and often take it to potlucks. Usually, I make the pilaf ahead to allow the flavors to blend and then reheat it in the microwave before serving. This also makes for more room in the oven and less chaos when you are putting out a big holiday meal.
10 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add wild rice; reduce
- heat. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add long grain rice; cook 20-25
- minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, carrots and rosemary
- in butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the rice, broccoli and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff
- with a fork before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium,