Wild Rice Crab Salad
We have an abundance of wild rice in the northern part of
Minnesota, and I use it in many of my recipes. This recipe is from my daughter-in-law. —LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Hidden Valley® Ranch
Use Hidden Valley® Ranch with snacks, salads, main dishes and more for a crowd-pleasing taste!
See More Recipes >
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, crab, broccoli, cauliflower and
- onion. Combine the salad dressing, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 337 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.