Wild Berry Freezer Jam
One year, I decided I wanted to make a wild berry jam but couldn't find a recipe, so I invented my own.Barbara Hohmann, Petawawa, Ontario
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup saskatoon berries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, crush all of the berries. Stir in sugar; let stand
- for 10 minutes. Combine pectin and lemon juice; add to fruit,
- stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- Cover tightly. Let stand at room temperature until set, up to 24
- hours. Freeze or store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 6
Editor's Note: If saskatoon berries are not available in your area, add an extra cup of one of the other berries.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.