Whole-Wheat Pasta/Cheese Salad
This dish is perfect for those times when you're in the mood for "something different". Serve it as a salad or as a main course.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- SOY/GINGER DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni or spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked tender-crisp, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in 1-1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- In a large salad bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic
- and pepper sauce. Whisk in oil and green onions; set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 3-7 minutes; drain. In large bowl,
- combine the pasta, broccoli, red pepper and cheese. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 565 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium,