Whole Wheat Muffins
These moist and tender muffins have a nice whole wheat flavor.Arlene Bontrager, Haven, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bow, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.