Whole Wheat Biscuits
I'VE HAD this recipe in my file for a long time.
I love cooking and baking and am always creating something new by experimenting with recipes.
I thought the substitution of whole wheat flour gave these biscuits a little different taste.
-Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter
- until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to
- 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.