For a microwave-fast entree that's sure to bring raves, Robert Bishop in Lexington, Kentucky says these rich roll-ups are a “shore thing.” Paprika adds lovely color.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cubed soft bread
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine green pepper and butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the bread, cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper; spread with bread mixture.
- Carefully roll up. Place seam side down in a shallow microwave-safe
- dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll-up (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 385 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium,