White Rice Bread
If you like potato bread, you're sure to enjoy this soft moist specialty shared by Lorraine Dallmann from Thief River Falls, Minnesota.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cooled
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Pat rice with paper towels until dry. Just before the final kneading
- (your machine may audibly signal this), add rice. Yield: 1 loaf
- (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 102 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.