White Kidney Bean Salad
For a swift side dish, Bud Mercer of Prosser, Washington tosses together this bean salad. It's coated with a dressing flavored with dried basil, thyme and rosemary, then surrounded with a ring of bright baby carrots for garnish.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve mixed salad greens
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- In a serving bowl, combine the beans, pimientos and onion. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, herbs and
- pepper; shake well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- To serve, place bowl in the center of a serving platter. Arrange
- salad greens and carrots around the edge. Yield: 4-6 servings.