White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping
This luscious cheesecake from Phyllis Schmalz-Eismann of Kansas City, Kansas belongs on a pedestal. Just pour the spiced pumpkin filling over the delectable gingersnap crust, bake and refrigerate overnight. The final touch is a crunchy almond topping.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs
- and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted
- white chocolate.
- Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture.