- addition. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar,
- beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, a
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into
- batter. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk at
- low speed in a large bowl until moistened. Beat on medium for 1-1/2
- minutes, adding additional milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Spread between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 773 calories, 41 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.