- or until a knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, In a large saucepan combine the sugar, water,
- corn syrup and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until
- sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil,
- without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 295° and
- mixture turns deep amber.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Cook and stir over low heat
- until mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and
- stir for 4 minutes. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Stir before serving.
- Serve warm with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 583 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.