White Chocolate Banana Pie
I developed this recipe based on a popular pie served at an Atlanta restaurant. Everyone looks forward to this dessert at the annual Christmas party we host on our farm. Chocolate curls as a garnish are a nice contrast to the creamy white pie.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, cook and stir the cream and chocolate over low heat
- until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until
- thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes (do not
- overbeat). Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Pour half of the cream
- mixture into pastry shell. Top with bananas. Cover with remaining
- cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 376 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.