Her hearty white chili is a delicious use of leftover grilled chicken, says Diana Mueller, Las Vegas, Nevada. “My husband loves it, and I appreciate its one-pan ease.”
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until
- tender. Stir in the beans, soup, milk, chilies, garlic and cumin.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with cheese and jalapenos if
- desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup; calculated without cheese and jalapenos) equals 333 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein.