White Candy Bark
"Here is a speedy candy recipe that can be varied depending on the type of fruit or nuts you have on hand," sends Marcia Snyder of Grand Junction, Colorado. "Since we have a walnut tree, I use walnuts, but pecans could also be substituted as well as dried cherries for the cranberries."
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Brush with butter; set
- aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chips; stir until
- smooth. Stir in the walnuts, cranberries and nutmeg. Spread into
- prepared pan. Chill until firm. Break into pieces. Yield: 2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.