White Bean Tuna Salad
"I adapted this recipe from one in my local newspaper," writes Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "The zippy Dijon dressing adds interest to the beans, tuna, olives and onion. It makes a filling and healthy lunch that I like to take to work.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt
- and pepper; gradually whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, olives and onion; add
- dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch,