- Stir in the broth, water, pepper, beans and chicken; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until
- beans are tender. Stir in parsley and remaining salt.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to
- 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a
- saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through,
- stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley and 1/2 teaspoons
- salt. Yield: 11 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 270 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.