Whipped Carrot Salad
"Carrots and pineapple give this fluffy gelatin salad its refreshing taste," says Jean Smith of Crossville, Tennessee. "A friend gave me the recipe. I serve this side dish often, whether I'm entertaining guests or my family. Lovely and light, it's perfect with almost any menu."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place cream cheese in a
- food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. While
- processing, gradually add dissolved gelatin; process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple and carrots; fold in
- whipped topping. Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours
- or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.