Western Range Sandwiches
I found this recipe in a cookbook left to me by my mother. Over the past 20 years, it's been a big hit with my family, especially with those who love kidney beans. Using English muffins instead of hamburger buns is a nice change. - Mauvereen Cannady, Portage, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Cook beef, onion and
- green pepper in drippings until meat is no longer pink. Add beans,
- tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir over low heat
- until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffin halves. Yield: 6