Wearing O' Green Cake
One bite of this moist, colorful cake and you'll think you've found the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow. It's the perfect dessert to round out your St. Patrick's Day feast. —Marge Nicol, Shannon, Illinois
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold
- water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into
- cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture
- will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate
- with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15