From Kansas City Missouri, Pat Bremson relates, "This salsa is so good, I could just eat it with a spoon! It's wonderful over fish or chicken."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 26 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.