"This sweet frosty snack is so refreshing on hot summer days," writes Darlene Markel from Mt. Hood, Oregon. Store it in the freezer, so it's a snap to scoop and serve in snow cone cups.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup watermelon or mixed fruit gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 5 cups seeded Watermelon
Cool and refreshing, summer isn't summer without watermelon at the table. Serve it fresh or as part of a great main dish.
See More Recipes >
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water; set
- aside. Place watermelon in a food processor; cover and puree. Stir
- into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from
- the freezer 15 minutes before serving; scrape ice with a fork. Serve
- in paper cones or serving dishes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 132 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.