This lovely appetizer is almost too pretty to eat! Sweet watermelon cubes hold a refreshing topping that showcases cucumber, red onion and fresh herbs. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 seedless watermelon cubes (1 inch)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Using a small melon baller or measuring spoon, scoop out the center
- of each watermelon cube, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for
- another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into
- watermelon cubes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.