Watermelon Bombe Dessert
This sherbet dessert looks like actual watermelon slicescomplete with "seeds"when cut. It is fun to eat and refreshing, too.Renae Moncur, Burley, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- About 1 pint lime sherbet
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Press slightly softened
- lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze,
- uncovered, until firm. Spread pineapple sherbet evenly over lime
- sherbet layer. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. (Lime and pineapple
- sherbet layers should be thin.) Pack raspberry sherbet in center of
- sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon.
- Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours. Just before serving,
- uncover bowl of molded sherbet. Place a serving plate on the bowl
- and invert. Remove bowl and peel off plastic wrap. Cut the bombe
- into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry section
- of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.