Warm Strawberry Fondue
For a delightful dessert, Sharon Mensing needs only a handful of ingredients to fix this unusual fruit fondue. "Use grapes, bananas, strawberries and angel food cake cubes as dippers," she suggests from Greenfield, Iowa.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, cream, cornstarch and
- lemon juice; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until slightly thickened. Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow
- cooker; keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons prepared with fat-free half-and-half; calculated without cake and fruit) equals 27 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.