Warm Pesto Dip
This pretty green dip is perfect for Christmas, especially when served with red bell pepper strips. You can make it ahead and reheat when ready to serve. Megan Taylor, Washougal, Washington
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables or bread cubes
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in pesto
- and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for
- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with vegetables or bread.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables and bread) equals 259 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.