Warm Pear Salad
Pear slices tossed with salad greens, red onion and blue cheese are drizzled with tangy raspberry vinaigrette in this refreshing salad. After enjoying a similar dish at a restaurant, I came home and worked up my own version. My family declared it a winner.
-Marjorie Zalewski, Toledo, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large ripe pears, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, saute pear slices for 2-3 minutes on each side
- or until tender. On salad plates, arrange the greens, pears, onion,
- blue cheese and sunflower kernels.
- In a blender, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium,