Warm Ham 'n' Cheese Spread
Pattie Prescott of Manchester, New Hampshire says, “I’m always looking for creative yet family-pleasing ways to stretch my tight grocery budget. I usually make this delectable dish with ham ‘ends,’ available inexpensively at the deli counter.”
28 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss, American and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Cut each pita half into eight wedges; brush rough sides with oil.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes
- or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are
- bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Swiss cheese if
- desired; serve with pita wedges. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.