Warm Fruit Kabobs
Give this impressive fruit treat a try as dessert or just a snack on a breezy summer night. The flavorful summer fruit kabobs were sent from Janet Schroeder of Strawberry Point, Iowa.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium peach or nectarine
- 1 medium pear
- 2 slices fresh pineapple (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut all of the fruit into 1-in. chunks. Alternately thread onto 16
- soaked wooden skewers (using two skewers side by side for each kabob
- so the fruit doesn't turn). In a small bowl, combine the brown
- sugar, lemon juice, oil and cinnamon.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes or until
- heated through, turning often and basting frequently with brown
- sugar mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 kabob equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.