Warm Asparagus-Spinach Salad
Fresh spinach, crunchy cashews and penne pasta are tossed with roasted asparagus to create this delightful spring salad. —Kathleen Lucas, Trumbull, Connecticut
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2
- tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400°
- for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- For dressing, combine onions, vinegar and soy sauce in a blender;
- cover and process. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil
- in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle
- with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 12 servings.