When you want to serve something light but fancier than cookies, these dainty treats make a beautiful dessert. With a prepared pie crust, they're easy...yet have a special holiday look the perfect combination for a busy time of year.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Roll out bottom crust to a 10-1/2-in. circle; place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Combine nuts, sugar, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice;
- spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry and place over nuts.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 10 minutes. Cut into 16-20 wedges. Cool completely. In a microwave,
- melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over
- wedges. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.