Walnut Stuffing Balls
Don't forget the stuffing even though you are not preparing a whole turkey. Your family will be happy to see then perfectly portioned stuffing balls on their plates...and you will be delighted to know they take just minutes to put together and bake.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute celery, green pepper, onion and walnuts in
- butter until vegetables are tender; cool slightly. In a bowl, beat
- the egg. Add croutons, broth, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture;
- mix well. Shape into 12 balls, 1/4 cup each; place on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 284 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.