Walnut Pork Chops
Since my mother worked while I was growing up, I did the lion's share of cooking. I still enjoy spending time in the kitchen preparing foods for my friends and family. —Sandra Louth, Burlingame, California
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts or pecans
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Spread mustard over chops; coat
- with nuts, pressing to adhere. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chops are golden
- brown and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.